<$BlogRSDURL$>

Desperate To Get Out of Debt

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Looking at the Numbers 

After I graduated from college approximately 2 years ago, May 2005 from a prestigious university, I had approximately 10,000 dollars in credit card debt. I had approximately 30,000 in student loans and I was a film an English major. I had a degree and I had yet to find out where that degree would take me. Now that it is February of 2007 and I have appromixately still 10,000 in credit card debt and 30,000 dollars in student loans and a 400 dollar a month apartment and a financed 10,000 dollar car. I am getting pretty sick and tired of making the minimum payments now because the debt just isn't going down. I feel like I'm just throwing money in the toilet. Flushing it. Flushing it. Whooosh. I can't even afford to get my hair done or to get new shoes or to get a new bed for my apartment. Whoosh. All the money goes to the collectors. Its been almost two years and Im tired. How. How,I ask. Can I get out?

As a film major, I have been trying to get into the film in the city of....Philadelphia. Its been a rough ride, but for now i choose to keep riding. Now, I can't even bare to say where I work though. Ms. graduate of a prestigious college. Yes. I work in a grocery store. Im a cashier. My famous words are paper or plastic. Do you have any coupons. Did you bring your bonus plus card with you today. Film major. Yes. And I have another job too. I work at a bank 3 days a week. That job pays peanuts and its really boooring. So what. What? Im sick and tired thats all. Oh and I have another job, Im a intern at tv station. Finally something that has to do with my major. However, I just...well its unpaid. And its 45 minutes away from my house. I have to cross a bridge to get there and you tell me how I afford gas and toll. I dont know----10,000 in credit card debt----3 part time jobs. 46 hours of working a week and can barely put food in the fridge----30,0000 in student loans---a 10,000 finance car. Sick and tired. I declare that the debt is over and this declaration is my first step.....

posted by h  # 7:48 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?