<$BlogRSDURL$>

Desperate To Get Out of Debt

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Day I lost 1000 dollars using google adwords 

I made an attempt to get out of debt by working online. The first program I signed up for was Linkshare. I wanted to become an affiliate and sell products like flowers and skin care stuff. I was met with a teeny problem however. I did not know how to advertise these products. I tried creating my own website for a bit, but then I didn't know how to do html. I know. I tried those website maker things, and they worked good but not good enough. Then I thought I had finally stumbled onto something when I saw someone online talking about the thousands of dollars they made using google adwords. They did not even have a product of their own to sell. Im talking thousands of dollars here. I saw actual screen shots of the pay checks. And I got really excited. I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought a book on adwords. I thougt that my debt was over for sure.

Then I got a little out of control. I put my credit card on the site and began to set my limit for the amount I would spend on advertising in a certain amount of time. Sort of a spending limit. For the first couple of times I used the program, I went and put on a spending limit of just a couple dollars per day. However, the thing about adwords is that the higher spending limit you have, the more chance you have of gettiing your ads seen. So then I thought that I would get a little sneaky. I mean if I could see how much money I spent on the front page, why not set the limit really high so that I could then get my ads seen for about an hour and then I could of course cancel the whole thing before I spent any real money. So what I did was I put my credit card on the site and set my limit at a thousand dollars. I looked at the front page of the site everyday and I was just sure that I was doing fine. However, about a week later I started t really examine the site and found to my surprise that instead of the little bit of money I thought I was spending I had actually spent a whole thousand dollars in only a week. And there you have it folks the day I gained a thousand dollars in credit card debt without selling one product. That day was really bad.

posted by h  # 9:48 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?